Parenting Expert Carl Pickhardt Shows How the Bonds Between Fathers and Teens Can Be Strengthened
Many fathers feel unprepared for their child’s adolescence, in their denial, often times preferring to believe that it will only happen to other people’s children. In this sensitive and forthright book, Carl Pickhardt stresses that fathers need to become informed about changes and challenges that normally unfold. Helping caring fathers navigate the four crucial and often perplexing stages of adolescence, The Connected Father describes:
* how fathers can learn to be better listeners
* why they have trouble communicating and what to do about it
* different emotional changes between mid- and late-adolescence
* how to encourage independence while setting limits
* how fathers can talk to teens about drugs, sex, the internet, relationships, and more
There are no reviews yet.